HR in Focus: Workplace restructuring and "presenteeism" issues
Paul Howell, Kenny Jin and Laurence Smith discuss the latest business happenings from an important HR angle.
HR in Focus is a panel discussion series tackling the latest business and workforce management news and looking at them from an HR viewpoint.
In this episode, HRM Asia Editorial Director Paul Howell is joined by:
- Kenny Jin, Head of Talent Acquisition & HR Business Partner, REAPRA
- Laurence Smith, Head of Asia Pacific, SmartUp.io
On the discussion agenda are:
- Whether impending plans by Hewlett Packard Enterprise to cut about 5,000 jobs is part of today’s disruptive way of work and the role HR should play in this situation
- Whether HR should immerse themselves deeper in tech-related aspects such as AI and computer engineering in light of online retailer Alibaba recently holding its first Technology Forum in Singapore
- “Presenteesim” in Asia Pacific and the balancing act between traditional working cultures and the new world of work