Regional Head of Payroll Governance
Our client is Global Banking giant who due to internal mobility are looking to hire a high caliber professional to join their HR team in Hong Kong to head up Regional Payroll Governance. The role will report directly to the Global Head of function and cover a broad APAC geographical remit. In this role you will execute the Global Payroll Strategy, through the development and implementation of a regional payroll plan as well as input to the development, and own the regional implementation and compliance with defined Global Payroll Standards.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Drive the implementation of Global or Regional vendors as appropriate to improve consistency of service and control costs (For countries using third Party Payroll providers)
- Implement the global payroll risk and control framework to drive and support adherence to internal compliance and external regulatory requirements across all payroll teams in the region.
- Effectively work with all Country Heads of Payroll to embed this framework, with clearly defined control ownership, into each country's end to end payroll processes.
- Act as part of the Regional Human Resources Service Delivery Leadership, supporting the agenda beyond payroll as appropriate.
- Drive a high performance and risk aware culture throughout the payroll team in the region through strong leadership. Provide input on the performance management process to the Regional Heads of Human Resources Service Delivery.
- Develop a close working relationship with Human Resources, to facilitate the management and prioritization of all Payroll related projects and change requests across the region.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in Regional Human Resource Service Delivery, Performance and Reward, Tax and Finance teams ensuring alignment of objectives and deliverables.
Our client is interested in meeting with candidates that can demonstrate:
- Deep knowledge of payroll and experience of management within a regional payroll team.
- Extensive experience in Human Resources Operations, with a high level of understanding of the regional Human Resources environment.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership, influencing, facilitation and stakeholder management skills across all levels of management.
- Deep understanding of operational risk and experience in identifying and implementing controls to mitigate such risks.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Sound knowledge of LEAN and experience in leading change and re engineering processes on a regional scale.
- Ability to work under pressure in a matrix environment with conflicting demands.
- Sound judgmental skills to identify and resolve challenges and issues.
- Vendor management experience.