Who are the Top Employers in the Asia-Pacific region for 2023?
Top Employers Institute has officially announced its 2023 APAC Top Employers. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Top Employers Institute is the global HR authority on certifying excellence in people strategies and practices. For over 31 years, the organisation has been dedicated to accelerating the impact of HR strategies to enrich the world of work through certification, benchmarking, aligning, and connecting Top Employers around the world.
Through their HR Best Practices Survey, they enable organisations to objectively benchmark and improve their HR practices. Employees make the organisation and when they are empowered by an excellent HR strategy and practices, they thrive. Recognition through the programme helps companies elevate their status as an employer of choice.
Top Employers Institute certifies organisations in single countries, different regions and globally. Top Employers are recognised based on a global four-stage programme governed by a strict standardised process. The leading-edge international research conducted by Top Employers Institute each year determines whether an organisation meets the required standard of excellence for certification as a Top Employer.
These are the companies certified in APAC for 2023:
And these are the regionally certified multinational organisations in APAC. To be regionally certified, you need to be certified in five or more countries in APAC:
Billy Elliott, Regional Director, APAC, Top Employers Institute, told HRM Asia, “I would like to take this special opportunity to congratulate all 321 certified 2023 Top Employers from 22 Asian countries. These organisations are part of an exclusive global ‘employer of choice’ community and can credibly lay claim to having achieved HR best practice excellence for the next year.”
“These are organisations of the highest caliber, continuously working hard to create, implement and advance their HR strategies and practices. This group of Top Employers has proven to offer an outstanding workplace experience, empower employees, and play a significant part in making the world of work a greater place.”
“These organisations are part of an exclusive global ‘employer of choice’ community and can credibly lay claim to having achieved HR best practice excellence for the next year.” – Billy Elliott, Regional Director, APAC, Top Employers Institute, congratulates the 321 certified 2023 Top Employers in APAC.
Here is an overview and some of the main research highlights from APAC’s Top Employers 2023 Certification Programme:
- The top five countries with the most certified organisations in APAC are: China, Singapore, Malaysia, India, and Thailand.
- The industry sectors in APAC with the greatest representation are consumer goods and services, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, transportation, as well as logistics and IT.
- Excluding non-certified organisations, the average overall score achieved by this year’s group of APAC Top Employers is 88.7%. This impressive score, said Top Employers Institute, does not come as a surprise based on the high calibre of brands certified.
- The top three best performing topics in Top Employers Institute’s HR Best Practices Survey are ethics and integrity, business strategy and organisation & change.
- Drawing a comparison over the last five years, these Top Employers have indicated the following: Revenue growth is stable (15,31%), slightly improved (28,13%) or strongly improved (47,5%). Market share is stable (22,5%), slightly improved (32,81%) or strongly improved (34,69%). Profitability is stable (25%), slightly improved (25,94%) or strongly improved (38,44%). Customer satisfaction is stable (27,5%), slightly improved (31,56%) or strongly improved (35,94%). The common theme is these organisations ensure the development of their people is a top business priority and invest accordingly. Based on the statistics shared, it is clear this employee-centric strategy plays an imperative role in achieving successful business results over a sustained period, driven by a highly engaged and motivated workforce.
Perhaps the most important and meaningful statistic is that this year’s group of Top Employers positively impact the lives of approximately 2,574,089 employees in APAC with the world-class HR environment they currently have in place (and the improvements that will be made through the benchmarking process).
David Plink, CEO, Top Employers Institute, said, “Exceptional times bring out the best in people and organisations. And we have witnessed this in our Top Employers Certification Programme this year. This community of outstanding organisations has proven its commitment to its employees on a global scale. This consistency in people practices across the globe characterises an exclusive group of companies that have achieved a global certification through the Top Employers Programme. We are proud to announce and celebrate these companies and their achievement in 2023.”
The programme has certified and recognised 2053 Top Employers in 121 countries/regions across five continents. Click here to find out more about the Top Employers Certification Programme.